Position Summary: Painters are responsible for applying preparatory materials, paints, and stains to surfaces of walls, ceilings, equipment and furniture throughout assigned locations and projects. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Applies protective and decorative coats of paint, varnish, lacquer, and/or other related materials to interior and exterior surfaces of buildings, furniture, equipment, and other structures.
- Washes, scrapes, sands, torches, and/or smooths interior and exterior surfaces prior to painting, varnishing, lacquering or applying other related materials
- Installs, repairs, and maintains drywall, wall texturing, and ceiling acoustic texturing.
- Erects various types of scaffolding, staging, ladders, and planks to reach surfaces of work area for painters and others
- Applies paints, stains, surface preparatory materials, and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and ensures compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Determines appropriate color for new or replacement applications through consultation with customer
- Maintains existing paint surfaces through matching and tinting of appropriate paint products.
- Prepares and implements line striping layouts for streets and parking lots according to Department of Transportation and other various requirements
- Identifies, handles, and appropriately disposes of paints, stains, preparatory and undercoating materials, and other hazardous materials
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager