As a Bakery Production Line Associate, you will assemble Flowers Bakery products through production line tasks as directed by your supervisor. This role requires someone energetic and able to work on their feet in a hot, fast-paced warehouse setting where you will be standing for 8-16 hours performing routine tasks such as lifting, carrying and placing objects up to 50 lbs. As a member of the Flowers Bakery's team, you would enjoy competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Consistently perform routine tasks using standard procedures and equipment.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
- Position requires demonstration and compliance of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to move in all production areas of plant, up & down ladders 20 feet high. Up & down 5 steps.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours and a maximum of 16 hours daily.
- Ability to routinely stoop, bend, and lift containers up to 20 lbs. for a period of 8-16 hours.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. from 36 inches and drop into module 36 inches high.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. from 30 inches turn and deposit at level of 72 inches, continuously for 1.5 hours.
- Ability to lift 2 lbs. from floor level to 24 inches continuously for several hours.
- Ability to move 15 lbs. from 36 inches to floor level continuously for several hours.
- Ability to routinely exert necessary force to move wheeled production equipment weighing 500 lbs. a distance of (300) feet.
- Ability to routinely move product and/or containers between equipment processes.
- Ability to perform tasks at a rate equal to production standards.
- Visual ability necessary to recognize warning devices, signs, and deviations from production standards.
- Hearing sufficient to detect audible alarms
- Ability to read, hear, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, work schedules and written supervisory instructions.
- Must meet/maintain Center for Disease Control Food handling requirements and other governmental and/or customer requirements. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment (when required).