In this role, you will be essential in ensuring that Flowers Bakery shipping schedules are met by pulling orders, counting, and loading/unloading product through a warehouse cycle. This role requires someone energetic and able to work on their feet for 8-12 hours performing physically demanding, routine tasks in a hot, fast-paced warehouse setting. As a member of the Flowers Bakery's team, you would enjoy competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Keep accurate records of received products from production or other plants.
- Load and unload products to appropriate distribution area to ensure that shipping schedules are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
- Position requires demonstration and compliance of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/REQUIREMENTS
- Physically capable of movement to all shipping areas.
- Ability to use hand truck to transport stacked products weighing (400 lbs.), up to a distance of (300) feet continuously throughout the day (8-12 hours) into and out of transport trucks and low boy humps, up and down ramps with slopes up to 30N, 24' high;
- Ability to routinely stoop, bend, and lift product containers weighing (20 lbs.).
- Ability to distinguish color-coded equipment, containers, label, signs, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and clients.
- Ability to generate written communication and operate required office equipment.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to wear and use approved/applicable safety equipment as needed.
- Must meet/maintain FDC and CDC food handling requirements on public safety for work in a food production environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.