Position Summary: Patient Services Workers are responsible for a variety of specialized duties related to the receipt, interpretation, and follow-through of patient diet orders. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Delivers patient trays during meal service and delivers snacks or proper nourishment to patients as directed by a physician or a dietitian
- Informs patients of the services of the Food and Nutrition Services Department and may obtain food preferences from patients and/or family members
- Ensures accuracy of food items being delivered to the patient and informs patient of meal selection and any therapeutic diet information
- Inventories and restocks goods and supplies to proper levels
- Ensures prompt response to request for service and follows up if delays or other problems are identified
- Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager