Specific Requirements and Preferences
- HS diploma, GED, or equivalent required. Preferred:Trade or Tech School in HVAC or Refrigeration.
- At least 5 to 7 years of related and progressive experience, 5 years of general maintenance experience with 2 years' experience operating computerized building automation systems 5-10 years' experience in related field. Working knowledge of all applicable EPA & OSHA standards related to the position.
- Knowledge of Siemen's Apogee and Desigo, JCI Metasys and Schneider Electric EcoStruxure Building Automation systems.
- Working Knowledge of cogeneration systems.
- Must carry an active Washington D.C. Steam Engineer's 1st Class License.
- Must carry a Universal CFC Certification.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing ladders, and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and a shift of up to 12 hours.
- Monitor Control Room activities during shift; decide when to switch, change or reset the monitored systems to accommodate continuous services.
- Provide support services for all buildings, maintain and update logs and entering of service requests.
- Operate building automation systems.
- Ensure essential systems are properly functioning by walking through the plant or remote facilities to check and record reading on gauges, dials, lights, meters, alarms, levers, switches and any other devices that regulate the equipment.
- Perform corrective maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Troubleshoot equipment and systems to determine functional problems and make repairs as needed.
- Routinely utilize all safety measures as related to work orders and specific tasks
This client location requires all individuals working on site to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19