In this role, you will connect and engage with our customers while assisting them with their needs and handling their transactions at our Retail Sales Outlet. You will continuously interact with customers, teammates, and other departments to ensure an enjoyable and memorable guest experience. This role takes place in a hot, fast-paced warehouse setting and could require standing for 8-hour shifts as you perform your assigned tasks. As a member of the Flowers Bakery's team, you would enjoy competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Inventory incoming product
- Stock shelves according to set standards
- Maintain proper rotation and freshness of product
- Foster positive relationships and use suggestive selling with retail customers
- Operate cash register and accurately record sales receipts
- Check in sales from routes to ensure accuracy
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an important part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
- Position requires demonstration and compliance of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift (usually 8 hours).
- Ability to perform lifting, stooping, bending, and reaching motions when stocking product.
- Ability to operate cash register and required office equipment.
- Ability to generate written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and clients.
- Ability to distinguish color-coded equipment, containers, labels, signs, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- No licenses or certifications required