Position Summary: The Dietary Worker provides patient customer service via phone and software systems and serves as a liaison to other departments regarding patient meal services. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Provides patient customer service by takings phone calls and entering patient meal orders
- Directs patient inquiries regarding meal and nutritional needs to appropriate parties
- Utilizes software to record patient orders
- Maintains general knowledge of therapeutic diets to ensure meal orders are process accurately
- Works closely with doctors, nurses, and the room service team to ensure accurate patient nutrition
- Maintains the privacy, safety, and dignity of each customer by observing client confidentiality and by strictly adhering to safety and sanitation standards
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains a positive attitude towards clients, customers, co-workers, hospital staff, etc.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager