In this role, you will be essential in ensuring that Flowers Bakery shipping schedules are met by pulling orders, counting, loading, and unloading product on incoming and outgoing trailers according to the shipping schedule. This role requires someone energetic and able to work on their feet in a hot warehouse setting where you will be standing for 8-16 hours performing routine tasks. As a member of the Flowers Bakery's team, you would enjoy competitive benefits and opportunities for advancement.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/MAJOR DUTIES
- Ensure that product received from production or other plants is recorded correctly.
- Load and unload to appropriate distribution area to ensure that shipping schedules are met.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Practice and comply with all company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
- Practice and comply with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/REQUIREMENTS
- Physically capable of movement to all Shipping areas.
- Ability to use hand truck to transport stacked products weighing (400 lbs.), up to a distance of (300) feet continuously throughout the day (8-12 hours) into and out of transport trucks and low boy humps, up and down ramps with slopes up to 30N, 24' high;
- Ability to routinely stoop, bend, and lift product containers weighing (20 lbs.).
- Ability to distinguish color coded equipment, containers, label, signs, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and clients.
- Ability to generate written communication and operate required office equipment. Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc.
- Ability to wear and use approved, applicable safety equipment, as needed
- Must meet/maintain FDC and CDC food handling requirements on public safety for work in a food production environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.