Position Summary: The Captain directs and supervises the flow of the dining room by providing immediate, courteous and friendly interaction to every guest entering the dining room. Restaurant reservations are taken, table allocations are coordinated and guests are shown to their table. This position requires individuals with a high attention to detail and a strong dedication to customer service along with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Responsible for greeting guests, seating guests, guest reservations, telephone etiquette and facility cleanliness
- Selects and assigns tables for every guest party according to time, business levels and flow
- Seats table sections evenly, efficiently and fairly, according to the guest’s desires, business levels, server rotation and management direction
- Works closely with the kitchen staff and servers to optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations pertaining to the ebb and flow of the dining room
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager