Position Summary: The Groundskeeper Lead Worker is responsible for maintaining and improving site grounds. Assigned work such as mowing, trimming, leaf removal, de-icing, etc. may fluctuate by season. The Groundskeeper Lead Worker may be responsible for oversight or delegation of responsibilities within the grounds keeping operation Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Schedules and assigns daily work assignments to a grounds keeping teams and oversees the completion of tasks
- Trains and guides staff on job duties, safety procedures, etc.
- Performs grounds audits and uses information to make positive changes, become more efficient, improve quality of service
- Ensures compliance with code requirements, safety standards, and grounds keeping best practices
- Maintains and improves facility grounds
- Utilize planned designs to determine landscaping needs
- Performs tasks such as planting, mowing, weeding, fertilizing, sweeping, raking, salting, shoveling snow, removing ice, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment including power mowers, saws, weed eaters, hedge trimmers, sprayers, etc.
- Operates trucks and tractors and attachments used to maintain grounds as needed
- Clean and upkeep sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, etc.
- Performs regular maintenance and minor repairs on lawn equipment and tools
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager