The Food Production Supervisor supervises inmate workers to ensure that meal and food items are prepared in accordance with production plans. Trains workers in methods of performing duties and assigns/coordinates work to promote efficiency of operations, along with sanitation of the facility and maintaining personal safety. May requisition supplies and equipment to maintain inventory levels. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Conducts and/or attends daily shift huddles to communicate daily operational priorities, safety and security briefs
- Supports daily schedules (if applicable), work areas, and assignments for inmates and/or Aramark food service workers and cooks
- Supervises preparation and serving of meals while ensuring proper portion and special dietary requirements
- Trains and guides inmates and staff on job duties, proper food safety and sanitation procedures, cooking methods, etc.
- Oversees the completion of tasks
- Reviews monthly menu, conducts inventory, and ensures that the appropriate product is ordered
- Adheres to security procedures to facilitate the safety of yourself and others including ensuring that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards customers, clients, and co-workers
- Instills and monitors clean as you go culture with all assigned workers
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Completes production paperwork and/or sanitation paperwork essential to be in compliance with Aramark and facility procedures
- Ensures security of company assets
- Communicates skillfully both written and verbally
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager