Position Summary: The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and providing emergency care until the arrival of emergency medical services. The lifeguard may also handle patron inquiries or issues in a professional and courteous manner. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
- Maintains safety and surveillance of patrons in and around the pool and/or aquatic facility
- Acts immediately and appropriately in the event of an emergency
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services
- Provides basic life support including airway management, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and use of the automatic defibrillator when necessary
- Enforces safety policies and guidelines for the pool and/or aquatic facility
- Checks for hazardous conditions and reports or addresses potential safety hazards
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager