Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark’s leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation’s leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Position Summary:Marina Services in addition to providing monthly/annual slips and buoys offers a Managed Boat package as well as a la carte services for piloting, cleaning, pump outs, and cart service. The Marina Services Worker - Porter will primarily perform porter, cart driver, cleaner and dock hand duties. The Marina Services Worker is flexible, willing to assist wherever needed, comfortable working outside in extreme heat conditions, with constant lifting and committed to delivering the highest level of customer service.
Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Marina Services Workers must be able to work physically hard and able to deal with constant lifting and bending.
• Provide luggage assistance to all guests.
• Drive and maneuver an ATV safely and effectively on land and the docks.
• Lifting, carrying and transporting luggage, which may weigh over 50 pounds in order to load and unload houseboats.
• Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of the docks, parking lots and surrounding areas by removing trash and debris and cleaning all public areas.
• Transporting black carts to proper locations in parking areas and docks.
• Keeping ATV, carts, boats and vehicles clean and equip with proper equipment.
• Ensuring all marina restrooms are cleaned and stocked with proper supplies.
• Marina Services Workers should be highly knowledgeable about the marina and the surrounding areas. This includes but is not limited to; retail, the lodge, food & beverage services, tours and activities.
• Diplomatically handle guest complaints – always be polite and maintain a professional manner.
• Maintain a positive attitude always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed.
• Marina Services Workers must fully utilize all safety equipment and ensure proper lifting, bending and carrying techniques.
• Professional and proper VHF communication.
• Understand all machinery and chemicals used.
• Be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary.
• Identify any maintenance and safety issues.
• Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
• Go the extra mile and follow through to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations.
• Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
• Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule including weekends and holidays, as well as long shifts including early morning and late nights.
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security and emergencies.
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform.
• Other duties as assigned.
Status and Scope:
• Marina Service Worker reports to the Marina Management.
• Marina Service Worker must be comfortable carrying and lifting heavy luggage and guest items
• Guest Services Worker cannot be prone to motion sickness as they may spend hours at a time on the docks
• Guest Services Workers must be comfortable working long days in extreme heat
• Guest Services Workers must be comfortable being on their feet all day
• Strong English communication skills are required.
• Previous customer service experience preferred.
• Must be over 21 years of age.
• Required to drive company ATV/cart, and/or vehicles.
• Employee must have a current and valid U.S. Driver’s License.
• Employee must be able to pass a background check (MVR)
• Ability to multi task and problem solve in high stress situations.
• Must be willing to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool.
• Pre-employment background check is required for this position.