Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The cashier position is vital to achieving positive customer service and is responsible for successfully completing the financial transaction with the customer and maintaining the balance of the cash drawer at all times.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
• Maintain a positive attitude and smile
• Greet customers as they approach the cash register and be polite with customers during the transaction
• Must have knowledge of cash register, credit card machines, and Aramark cashier policy in order to effectively service the customer
• Must be familiar with all menu items and pricing to effectively complete financial transactions and answer questions from customers
• Maintain an organized, neat and clean cashier station
Perform busser and cashier duties
• Stock service areas with paper goods, condiments, beverages, and food items as needed
• Count, organize, and balance the cash drawer; fill out the cashier slip; and make deposits while in the presence of a manager or supervisor
• Distribute promotional material as necessary
• Monitor theft in the location and report incidents to managers
• Assist with daily functions in the kitchen or dining room during down time
• Ability to understand and follow directions given by management
• Report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
• May be required to cross-train at other positions in the location
• May be required to work at other stations and in other departments as necessary
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
• Other duties as assigned
STATUS AND SCOPE: Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
Reports to Food & Beverage Manager
Develop work partnership with Food & Beverage Supervisors
Position requires a strong guest service focus, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
Must be able to work efficiently – prepared to help wherever needed
QUALIFICATIONS: Describe experience, education and related course work typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent customer service and a positive attitude
Must be able to work in a team environment
Must have the ability to multitask and solve problems
Experience running a cash register, knowledge of processing a credit card reader and performing credit card transactions
Math skills for counting money and providing correct change
Experience in the food service industry or grocery – Desired
High school education or equivalent – desired
USE OF EQUIPMENT: Place an "X" next to each type of equipment typically used to perform the job.
SMS Management System X Calculator Outlook/Email
Microsoft Office Software X Internet X Computer
Photocopier/Fax/Scanner X Printer
Hotel Switchboard X Micros Point of Sales
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Place an "X" next to the statement that best describes your usual travel requirements on company business only (meetings, seminars, other ARAMARK locations).
X Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
10% to 20%
20% to 30%
More than 30%
LIFTING REQUIREMENTS: Place an "X" next to the statement that best describes your usual lifting activity.
SEDENTARY Lifting up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying small items (files, manuals, binders)
LIGHT Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
X MEDIUM Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
HEAVY Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds
VERY HEAVY Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Place an "X" in the column that best describes the physical activities which are required for your job.
Not May be a routine part of the job, but the
Required essential functions can be performed without
Occasional Activity is needed to perform the essential
functions of the job at random intervals.
Frequent Activity is a usual and customary part of the essential functions of the job.
Constant Activity is continually occurring and required
to perform the essential functions of the job.