Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark is hiring a FT position at our Rensselaer location. Operational knowledge of mechanical systems is required. Experience with high pressure boilers/steam systems and/or chilled water plants preferred. Competitive pay and benefits.
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work with skilled and unskilled personnel within the Facility Services Department.
• Good oral and written communication skills, ability to follow instructions and express ideas effectively and concisely.
• Willing to seek training to enhance or learn new skills.
• Accessible and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing missions of the Facility Services Department.
• Knowledge and technical skills required for the repair and maintenance of plumbing, heating, electrical systems, fixtures, devices, and applications.
• A valid Driver’s License.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment such as repacking and reheating valves, repacking pump seals, and greasing machinery.
Performs annual maintenance overhauls on boilers including entering boiler firebox, water drum, breeching and flue to clean off soot and deposits.
Performs repairs to boiler and high pressure steam piping and fittings using hand tools.
Takes directions from and assists the Lead Boiler Operator as required.
Repairs air conditioning, heating, plumbing, and electrical systems as required
Monitors running equipment, reads and records log entries; i.e., temperatures, pressures, flows, etc.
Collects water samples, and adds chemicals to tower and chilled water systems when assigned.
Responds to alarms, i.e., fire, smoke received by the Central Plant.
Performs basic cleaning duties in the Central Plant.
Paints equipment in Central Plant when required.
Labels various mechanical equipment by name, function, flow, etc.