Job Summary: The lead student worker oversees the operations of their location to ensure all food is prepared and served according to health and safety regulations, ensures the facility is clean and the customers are satisfied with their service. Assists in managing the staff and plays a large role in the ability to maintain positive employee relations and a positive team environment.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and closing the building according to expectations of the management team
- Oversee setting up and breaking down of work stations
- Oversee the sanitation of work stations including floors, worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks, equipment, and utensils
- Oversee cashiers on duty and ensure that they are properly trained and adhere to the cashier policy
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verifications, preparing deposits
- Oversee cooking and preparation of food items for the day according to recipes and brand requirements
- Responsible for making sure the staff uses correct portions when preparing and serving items on the line
- Must have high-level product knowledge and ability to train the staff to effectively service the customer
- Ensure staff completes daily temperature logs
- Oversee product merchandising, line displays, and distribution of marketing materials
- Delegate tasks to employees as necessary
- Provide on-going coaching and performance feedback to staff members
- Assist managers with employee discipline sessions, attendance logs, and maintaining up to date contact information
- Inform management of escalating employee conduct issues
- Responsible for making sure the staff properly disposes of waste
- Responsible for making sure each station has taken samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers
- Greet customers as they enter and leave the location
- Ask customers about the quality of their service and handle any complaints (with assistance from the manager on duty) while maintaining a positive attitude and smile
- Oversee staffing during peak times of operation and deal with labor shortages as needed
- Assist managers with administrative tasks, scheduling, ordering and inventory responsibilities
- Ensure each station has the equipment and supplies needed to serve the customers
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ensure uniform compliance of the staff members
- Maintain a safe work environment by enforcing all safety standards and assisting with STEP observations
- Understand the proper use of and storage of chemicals used in the location. Be familiar with the chemical MSDS book and its contents.
- Daily use of the correct PPE for the task assigned
- Report all injuries immediately to your manager/supervisor
Additional Job Functions:
- Cross-train for all hourly positions at you location
- Work in other areas or departments as required by your manager
- Perform task as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team
- Supervises the staff and sanitation of facilities at the location.
- Responsible for opening and closing the building, managing employee issues, and making sure the location is staffed appropriately.
- Most often works in front-of-house
- Inside kitchen area/dish room and includes interaction with heated equipment, steam, loud noises, chemical products, and other at risk conditions.